Sunday, August 8, 2010

Water balloons!

We've been playing with water balloons a lot around here recently. They are SUCH a pain to fill up but Cooper loves them.

Dana and her family came over for dinner last weekend and the kids enjoyed playing with the balloons. Here are the moms and kids posing for a photo!
Ashlynn and Cooper very carefully playing with the water balloon.

Then I watched Ben and Eliz one day so I thought I'd make them again. Here the boys are playing with the balloon carefully. This lasted about 1 minute, then they just had war.
Here Cooper is getting Elizabeth.

This is how she felt about it! She was SO upset she got all wet. After this no one was allowed to throw at her, she only could throw at them! :)
The cutie pie boys.
I made them stand with their eyes closed then I threw a balloon at their feet hoping to get them wet. They didn't really seem to care.
The balloons were gone in about 1 minute so I got out the sprinkler.
Jackson's watching all the fun.

Eliz was happier now!

Jackson tried to eat anything he could get his hands on!

We had a fun day with our cousins!

7 comments:

Allison said...

I just can't get over Jackson! His faces are so fun and he is getting SO OLD! (I guess I will have this same comment every time, ugh, annoying.)
I was wondering about that whole "getting Eliz" thing - glad the boys were content to pummel each other!

The Martys said...

What a fun idea. Love that the boys enjoyed it, of course why wouldn't they. Poor Elizabeth, her face was so sad. The picture of Jackson crinkling up his nose, reminds me so much of you when you were a baby. You did that same thing. He is changing every day. See you soon!!

TLEB said...

Ahh - that's so funny that ELizabeth got so upset about getting wet! I didn't know that she got so upset!! Jackson is getting so big - I can't believe he's almost 1!

Cole said...

Cute pics!! I also liked the ones from your bday when Cooper took pictures of you. :) I hope you had a great birthday!!

Gretchen said...

What fantastic pictures! The lighting looks great and I am impressed with the one of Jackson where the angle is different. I can tell you are moving from novice photographer to expert! Those pictures of Jackson make him look like such a big boy...I can't believe his 1st birthday is coming up so quickly! And his hair seems to be lightening with age, no?

Joanne said...

Fun idea! I can see the boys just throwing them at each other - so fun! Poor Elizabeth, she really needs a girl cousin for some company! They can decorate the water balloons and then let the boys throw them at each other!

The A Family said...

Great pictures! Water balloons are so fun in theory. My sister in law and I filled 500 of them for a neighborhood thing, I thought that would never end.
I love the pic with Jackson and the hose!