Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

We went to our annual trip to the pumpkin patch last weekend. It was a beautiful day, but kind of hot for the pumpkin patch. Jackson also was running a fever so he wasn't his normal smiley self, but we went anyway! We are moving in one week (ahh!!) so I wasn't sure if we'd get another chance to go.



Here's Jackson posing with pumpkins. Isn't that a cute shirt? Laura's friend in her book club made them. She has a buisness and makes/personalizes lots of shirts, so let me know if you want her info! (laura also posted a link on her blog, I think on her post of the pumpkin patch)

The tractor is always a hit!






The best family photo we could get.

Cousins!

We did the corn maze with the older kids. It actually was kind of hard (not to mention hot) so we had to have a farmer give us some hints! (ben is posing for the camera!)




Cooper playing in the little kid hay maze.

Awwww, hugging his pumpkin.

The next day the kids and I painted their pumpkins. Cooper was excited!

Jackson, not so much. (i think he wanted to get down and play)

He enjoyed it once he got his hands dirty.


Cooper loved it!




I don't really like messes so it was a big deal for me to let him paint! It wasn't as bad as I thought, so I think we'll be doing it more often.

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

What kind of paint is that? I love the idea of letting them paint their pumpkins! You got some beautiful pictures, even if Jackson wasn't feeling 100%. Hope you are doing well on the moving/packing. It will all be over very soon so hang in there! Miss you guys!!

Allison said...

Yay for small steps... painting pumpkins in the backyard. :) All of your pics are great... can't believe you are moving in one week - AAHH. I mean, AAAHH-wesome. ;)

Can't wait to see the new house!!

TLEB said...

I love that last picture with Jackson covered in paint - so cute! You got some great pictures at the pumpkin patch!

jessica said...

Gretchen, I used just regular washable kid paint. great for them but not for the pumpkins. We put them outside and the dew made most of the paint wash off. Oops!