Monday, June 24, 2013

Finally, an Update!!!

Well life has just moved right along and I have had a really hard time keeping up with the blog, obviously!  During the day I have absolutely no time to get to the computer, so I'm behind on everything-emails, blogging, uploading photos, etc..  I'm trying to catch up though! 
 
Claire has adjusted so SO well!  She has just joined our family like she's always been here!  It's not all perfect obviously, she's an almost-2 year old and we now have three kids so we're trying to still figure all of that out.  I'll try to post more details but it's definitely past my bedtime so I wanted to just post a few photos!
 
For the first week home when we'd walk to get Cooper from school, Claire would just stay in the stroller the entire time.  She was overwhelmed with the playground at school and would not get down and go play.  It's hard to remember that now because she is so comfortable with everything now! 
Anyway, this picture is from the first time she got down and walked around at the park.  Ryan got off early and met us down there, and she was willing to walk around with him!
 
 

 We also took her to her International Dr. appointment within the first few weeks home.  She did SO great! I was very thankful that Ryan was able to meet us there, but she was an angel for the dr. 

We had a high drama event with this little guy too.  We went to my sister Laura's house for the first time with Claire after being home for about a week or two.  We had only been there about 15 minutes when we hear Jackson screaming upstairs-a hurt scream.  We raced upstairs and found out he had been holding a plastic stick and fell on it, poking it right in his eye.  He would not open it but it was bleeding which was just terrifying.  So we realized really quickly I was going to have to bring him to the ER.  I was then panicking trying to figure out how to bring the kids there, along with Claire, and take care of him!  Laura would have been more than willing to watch them but I didn't think I should leave Claire with her so early.  Luckily Laura was so nice and followed me to the ER, then sat in the parking lot with all the kids entertaining them while I brought Jackson in.

**Warning, graphic!!**    Luckily he just injured the white part of his eye and so there was no vision damage.  We also went to a smaller ER and there was NO wait.  NONE!  The dr. came in within 3 minutes I bet.  It was amazing.  So we survived our first ER visit while having Claire!!!  Here's to NO MORE VISITS!! 

 Little miss being so cute!  She has just blossomed!
 Waving hi!  I'll have to write about all the things she can do/say sometime soon.
 At first this is what she would do if I tried to get all of the kids picture together-cry and try to run away.
 The weekend after we had gotten back Ryan's parents came down for a quick visit to meet Claire.
 
They brought her this adorable outfit!

 This was the first time she sat down and played with the boys!

 She actually let Grandpa hold her!
I'll try to post more pictures and updates soon!!!

4 comments:

J Willis said...

Oh soooo excited to see updates - and to know she is adjusting well - happy happy!!!
So sorry about lil Jackson ;(
Thankful he was ok and you had your sisters help also with the kiddos
(I have your shirts - we need to connect sometime :)

Many many blessings for more great days!!!

TLEB said...

Claire is so adorable - I just can't get over how quickly she has adjusted to life in your family. She loves you all so much!! Jackson's drama was terrifying - I'm so glad it all worked out as well as it did.

Gretchen said...

My goodness! You have had a busy few weeks! So glad to see pictures of her up on your blog with your boys. You capture her beauty and happiness wonderfully with your photography! So happy to see your whole family together!! Glad Jackson is OK with that scare...I would have been a mess. So wonderful that Laura was there and so helpful! Love the photos.... Keep 'em coming!

Allison said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Too much! I am glad Jackson is okay and SO glad that everyone is adjusting so well. Big hugs to all!