We are now almost three weeks post surgery-it's gone so fast!
Here she is the day after her surgery.
Then a day later...
a few days after that...
and this was taken 2 weeks and a day post surgery. (LOVE her smile in this one! )
She has progressively gotten less swollen, although her upper lip is still a bit swollen.
The scar is barely noticeable!!! It is just amazing what her surgeon did. We loved him!
She didn't smile for a few days, and then after that it was just a little smile with mostly her bottom lip. I'm sure her lip felt so weird to her at first!
Now she's giving us much bigger smiles, I think she's getting used to her new lip!
We had a few nights that she woke up quite a few times-Ryan and I took turns sleeping in her room for about a week post surgery. But she gradually got back to normal. Her hardest part I think was the recovery from her nose-it got very clogged and it was our job to try to keep it clean. But she had just had surgery on it so I didn't want to be rough or anything! Stressful! Luckily now it's pretty close to normal, still a bit more healing to do but it's MUCH better than where we were almost 3 weeks ago.
She has just recently started giving kisses with her new lips again! She loved to give kisses before her surgery but post surgery she'd give us her cheek when we'd ask for a kiss. I'm so glad she's feeling more comfortable using these cute little lips!
Her surgery went so smoothly, it was truly an answer to all of our prayers. Her next surgery won't have to be until she's around 8-to correct her gum line, thank goodness!!!We are so grateful and can't wait to just get into a normal routine with our girl!!










7 comments:
Aww, precious girl! I love to see that sweet smile!
She is looking so great. She is just so darn precious. Love her. Hugs to everyone and have fun this weekend!!
Your whole family is so precious. I have loved reading the whole backstory of Clair's adoption and keeping up since. You guys really are an inspiration:) Can't wait to meet up with you all someday!
Wow! She looks amazing! So happy for you guys, so glad it went well!
She is gorgeous! Your pictures look fantastic too. I was showing some friends your blog yesterday and they all asked who took your pictures-they loved them. I do too of course-they look professional!
Ahhh sweet girl!!!
So thankful she is healing well - her smile (both versions) are amazing!!!
Wow, I love her new smile! The Dr.'s did an amazing job. She looks so happy in all your photos, how blessed you all are to have Claire as a daughter and you as her parents!
Post a Comment