We had a fun last few days at the cabin before we drove down to KS.
The kids enjoyed having Grandpa read to them...

and our cousins Evan and Emma came up and joined us one day...

we played ring around the rosie a bunch while they were here!

and Jackson learned to stand!

"To infinity and beyond!" One of Cooper's favorite games to play right now. He likes to pretend he's Buzz Lightyear (or "Fuzz Lightyear" as he would say) and he calls "to infinity and beyond" and jumps down from wherever he is. (from the movie Toy Story for those of you who aren't familiar with this)

One day the kids made dirt pie with Grandma complete with a real flower!


Then one of our best friends Nikki came to visit at the cabin with two of her kids-Katie and Kellen. We exchange gifts for the kids in the summer and here the kids are posing with some of them.

We had them do an obstacle course,

and then went out on the boat! What is Jackson doing here?!? So silly.

Posing with Nikki and all of our kids.

Eliz, Cooper, Ben, Katie, and Kellen enjoying popsicles.

After they left we had a bonfire.


and we also shot off fireworks! Here Cooper is doing one of our favorites- poppers!

Watching Uncle Tom do more "big boy" firecrackers :) He was a little scared. Poor Ryan was still in TX working and hadn't made it back for this yet. He makes it back by the end of our trip.

Cooper would only do sparklers with me at first...

but then was brave enough to do them on his own!

smoke bombs (Cooper covered his ears just in case they were loud :))

the kids also had fun playing in the sandbox and building sandcastles.

The last weekend we were in town we drove into the cities to go to the baptism of Nikki and Brett's third child Caroline. Laura and I are very honored to be Caroline's godmothers so we were SO thrilled we were able to attend her baptism!

We have been friends since we lived next door to eachother in MN when we were 1!

Beautiful Caroline.

After the baptism (Ryan was in town at this point) we drove back to the cabin for a few more days. Jackson is showing off his pulling up abilities!

My cousin Casey came over to the cabin with her kids Cain and Brooklyn, and her parents (my dad's sister) We're just about the same age and had a lot of fun catching up.

Casey and Brooklyn. Cain was fishing so I don't have pictures of him.

There's a bald eagle on my parents' lake, I thought that was amazing to see one in person!

That night we made S'mores- yummy!

Here's the one picture I remembered to take of my parents' cabin (this is from the back of it) It's taken from the firepit area, near the lake.

A family photo. This actually happened to be our 7th Anniversary! My how time flies.

The traditional picture at the big fish.


and we were off! I'll finish up soon with the end of our trip (in KS).
5 comments:
Happy Anniversary! We had Emily take our family pics on our 7th! Great pictures. So much fun. I am so behind on our blog... need to update. I feel inspired by you to work on it this weekend :)
Fun fun! Happy Anniversary - so many things to celebrate on that trip. The boys are getting so big!
It looks like you guys had a great trip and I love all the fun pictures (especially the cute bears)! I can't believe little Jackson is pulling himself up already. Happy belated anniversary! I was thinking of you guys. Your anniversary date is actually the same as my brother's and Kelli's so it's easy to remember both of them!
-Jodi
Happy Anniversary!! Great pictures - I'm glad I got to see the ones after we left - I'm sad we missed the time with Casey!
How NEAT to have such a wonderful place to go as a family and create lots of great memories! Your parent's cabin looks beautiful and it's wonderful you got to spend so much time there together!
Post a Comment