Monday, July 12, 2010

Cabin Days

The next few days at the cabin we had fun just relaxing, swimming in the lake, and spending time with our friend Stephanie. We don't get to see her very often because she lives in London, so it was so fun to spend time with her. Her parents and my parents went to high school together, and they both have a cabin on the same lake. Very convenient for seeing eachother! Stephanie and her husband Rich actually very generously let Ryan and I stay with them in London when we went to visit a few years ago. So that was the last time we had seen them! It was wonderful to catch up now, especially because between the three of us we have 5 kids!

(By the way, if any of you read my sister's blog, this post is practially identical to her last post. I should probably just link to hers and save myself the trouble! :)



Stephanie's son Will is around 15 months old.

All of us girls with our kids.

While they were playing outside, my dad found a turtle. The kids were all very brave and held it. I did NOT hold it. Yuck.


Fishing was one of their favorite activities. The lake was so calm and peaceful!

Cooper's all ready for the first boat ride of the season!


Buddies on the boat.


Now Grandpa is helping Cooper fish.





This picture is far away but has a kind of funny story to it. Laura, Tom, and the kids were all way out in the lake swimming and I decided to swim out and join them. I didn't really think about how I was going to get into the paddle boat once I got there. So I try to heave myself into it but I can't, then I start laughing so hard I really can't. So Laura stands up and helps to drag me into the boat, but it puts her so off balance that she falls in. I'm laughing so hard I can't drag myself completely into the boat so I'm hanging half out of the boat with my "you know what" being displayed very obviously as I'm hanging off the boat. Then Laura hoists herself into the boat and we're both half hanging out the boat laughing. Facing my mom. Who is on the dock with a zoom lens. Once we finally get in we hear her laughing and turn to see her snapping away with the camera. Thank goodness for digital cameras, I deleted those babies immediately!
This was one of the only pictures I saved to remember the event, and the ONLY one I would post online :).

Jackson takes a turn steering the boat!
Me and my boys.
G and G with their grandkids!
Me, mom and Laura
The tube was a big hit with the kids. Elizabeth really loved it, and so did the boys. Ben wasn't too happy about it at first (can you tell in this picture?)
but he definitely got braver. And look how brave Cooper is! I was so proud of him, he loved it.
Tom and Ben are giving a thumbs up. I had to post this picture because I love Ben's thumbs up :)
Standing up even! He has such a proud look on his face.
Jackson's watching the action.

This was the driver. Checking his email. He did this a lot of the boat ride, I thought it was funny!
The kids taking a bath together. If you check out Laura's blog you'll see a picture of the kids from our first year at the cabin, taking a bath together. They were so cute!
Mom had matching towels for all of the kids. Bear towels because it's the bear cabin! This is a scary bear!
and a cute baby bear.

6 comments:

Sue said...

Great pics. Love the scary and baby bears!!

Allison said...

The bears are adorable. I love the BARE story too. Makes me smile every time I think of it. Oh and "THUMB BEN, THUMB!!" So great!

Kelli said...

Looks like such a great trip, Jessica!

Meg said...

Wonderful that you captured Ben's thumb's up!! That picture will come in handy for various things in the future! PSE will help too! That Jackson drives me nuts he is sooo cute! They all are but I wanna squeeze him!!!

TLEB said...

I loved all the pictures - especially the bear pictures - what cuties!!

Gretchen said...

Ha ha! Your paddle boat story made me laugh so much when you and Laura were trying to get into it. Your mom is so smart to have had her camera handy! Wish I could have seen those other pics....hee hee! Your kids are making such great memories at the cabin!!!