Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cabin Time!

We recently returned from a very busy and fun two week summer vacation! We first flew with my parents (we being the kids and me) to MN, where we were going to see a few friends/family and then head to their cabin.

We were lucky enough to fly with my dad, who has flown so much he has elevated status and gets the perks like getting bumped up to first if the cabin is too full! Yay! They only bumped two of us though so my mom and I sat in first with Jackson since I didn't have a seat for him, and my dad sat with Cooper in coach.

I just loved watching Cooper walking with his suitcase!


Here's Jackson standing at my feet watching the crew do their thing! He had a big fit when I had to make him sit with me while we took off. Fun.


Grandpa and Cooper ready for the flight. Cooper LOVED it!


After we arrived we met one of our friends who we've known forever- Nikki and her kids, along with Laura and her kids at a park. Here are all of our children. Aren't they all so cute??


The moms had to get a picture together too!


Awww, I plan on showing this at their wedding someday! :) I think I have Cooper married off to at least three girls now... hopefully he doesn't mind that!


After we played at the park we went to my Aunt Amy and Uncle Jim's house, where the kids ran around with their cousins Evan and Emma.


They live on a lake so the kids had so much fun digging in the sand.


My boys relaxing after their busy day!


He had a 20 min nap in the car and was so happy the entire day. I was so lucky!


Throwing rocks in the lake, another favorite!


Then we made it to the cabin. Finally we were there! We had an exciting drive in, as we were literally talking about bears and seeing them on the road, a baby bear ran RIGHT in front of Laura's car (we were driving behind them) and she had to slam on her breaks so she didn't hit it. It was so amazing. I was so bummed I didn't have my camera out.




No pictures of the cabin that night, but I do have pictures of what the kids did every morning... watch a show! No surprise that Jackson woke up the earliest, and I didn't want him to wake up the kids downstairs so I'd put on a show for him.


Pretty soon all the kids would join him.




A special first at the cabin was Jackson ate at the table in a big boy chair for the first time! He LOVED it and had to sit with everyone every single meal. It was so cute! Luckily he's ok with his booster at home, I didn't want to have to deal with him moving around so much at home!



On the first full day at the cabin some of our family came up to spend the day with us. Here are the kids with Evan and Emma in their fourth of July shirts.




Did you notice that all the kids had matching pjs?


Aren't they cute?


Look what the bottom says! (Jackson helped me out with this picture!) My parents' cabin is the 'bear' cabin so these pjs were just perfect. My mom found them somewhere. Hilarious!




A favorite activity at the cabin was fishing! Cooper loved it and caught a ton of fish. He even put a worm on the hook once! He's so not anything like me in that regard!



Cooper and Ben checking out the fish.



Ben checking out a caught fish. They were very brave touching the fish and Cooper even tried to pick one up to throw it overboard. Like I said, nothing like me!





So that was our first day at the cabin!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Fun! Lucky you in first class... not so lucky paying first class passengers. ;) The jammies are great and I love Cooper being so great with all of the fishing stuff. I am thinking he won't mind being married to three or more women but they might...

The Martys said...

Love the matching jammies. That mom of yours......

It sure was fun to see all of you. See you this weekend.

TLEB said...

You did a great job documenting everything! You had some great pictures! What a fun trip!

Cole said...

That looks so wonderful and relaxing! What great family memories you are creating! And love the matching flag shirts and jammies - you guys do the coolest things ever!