The last days we spent at the cabin were very relaxing, and kind of hot!
Here is Laura hanging out with Jackson.

We went to a nearby park to play one day.

Laura again with Jackson.

Look at that grown-up girl!

We also did more tubing. Cooper got really brave! When I was on with Elizabeth I decided to be brave too and stand up. I don't really know why I did, because the water was so cold I was NOT going to get in. When we tubed I would go directly on and off the tube without touching the water. Well of course when I stood up I fell in! Luckily I have no pictures of it :).

Cooper with a fish he caught.

This year my parents got a fun raft to swim to/on in the water. It was a hit!

Elizabeth and I took Jackson the tube!

The kids took their annual picture with the grandparents by the big fish.


We also did more fireworks.

Cooper watching fireworks (he looks concerned doesn't he?)

The kids watching fireworks! The little boy on the right is Lucas-his grandparents have a cabin on the same lake, and went to high school with my parents!

Elizabeth watching the fireworks.

Ben watching the fireworks.

We'll miss you cabin!

The boys were watching Gpa do more fireworks. Coop was in his underwear so I didn't think I should post any more pictures!

I flew with both boys to Kansas where Ryan met us at the airport. The boys did a great job on the plane! I had to wake the boys up at 5:30 to leave that morning to catch the plane, and of course Cooper had a mild fever. Last year Jackson got sick at the end of our trip too! Cooper was complaining of a sore throat so I assumed it was strep. I figured we were getting in pretty early in KS so I could take him to an urgent care. When we arrived at the airport our flight was cancelled so we were 3 hours delayed!!!! Not good news when traveling by yourself with 2 kids, one of whom was sick, and during the other's nap time. Luckily they had a play area there and I had tylenol with me. The boys were SO good, neither one had a fit or meltdown. We made it safe and sound, mostly due to the wonderful DVD player. Here are the boys enthralled in the show. They shared a seat and did great with that.

This is what I got when I asked Cooper to say "cheese." Think he likes TV?

Next up is our trip to KS.
2 comments:
Looks like y'all had a good time... too bad it ended poorly! I am hoping that the Cooper was happy and healthy during your time in Kansas!
what a great trip! I am sad we missed you on your KS leg!
Post a Comment