Wednesday, June 13, 2012

We Mailed the Dossier!!!

Mailing the dossier (which is a bunch of legal documents like birth certificates, our home study, medical forms, marriage license, financial forms, letter from the police dept, employment letters, cover letter, etc.. ) is a really big step in the adoption process, and we mailed ours this past week!!!  Yippee!!!  It was actually way easier than I thought, most of the paperwork we had finished in our App 2.  We just had to get new notarized forms of things and get a letter from the local police dept that said we had no criminal record.  I am SO happy we are done, now we just sit back and wait to hear when it's officially logged into China.  It has to go to a few places in the US to get authenticated, then it goes to China and is translated.  We were told it'll probably take 2 1/2-3 months.  A really really long wait unfortunately.  But once it's logged in we'll officially be on the waiting list!   Can't wait!!!

Here I am organizing the paperwork.  Luckily I kind of like doing papework :)


Mailing in the dossier, yay!!!!

Here's a stack of one copy of our paperwork, I wanted to document it for her book.  We had to send four copies of everything when we mailed in the dossier. 

Now we just need to say lots of prayers for a speedy LID (log in date)!!!

9 comments:

J Willis said...

Yay!!! That's super exciting and such a huge accomplishment to finish it right? (or so I've heard ;)
Many many blessings on getting a LID soon ;)

Allison said...

Wahoo!!!! Love that you have recorded each step and that the boys are involved! Come on LID!!!

Sue said...

Such good news, and I love the pictures of the boys with the paperwork. What fun this will be for little C someday to see how much she was loved and anticipated before she was here.

Anonymous said...

J, I am sooo very excited for you!!! I will be praying for you all!


Valerie

Meg said...

Very wonderful! Best of luck to all of you with the waiting and the out of this world excitement awaiting you!

Joanna B said...

Yay! I hope you hear about an LID soon!!

TLEB said...

That is so exciting!! We are saying lots of prayers here for a speedy LID!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting!! I'm sure she will be here before we know it!
-Jodi

The A Family said...

woohoo my friend just submitted his a few weeks ago!