Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Waiting for Travel Approval!! (and a photo!)

I realized I haven't given you all an update recently!

We finally received a long-awaited update on Claire Wenxia Ann!!  Here she is with the cake we sent her.  Aren't the cakes beautiful in China?  I don't think she knows what to think! :) This is the only picture they sent, so I sure hope she was able to have a piece and enjoy it!  We also had the questions answered that we sent so I am very grateful for that.
 
We are now in the home stretch of our wait!!!  We are on the very last step, which is waiting for our Travel Approval!!!! I can hardly believe it is here.  It could potentially come this week, crazy and exciting!!
 
We also have our travel dates pretty well set now!  We can't book our tickets until our TA comes, so I can't say FOR SURE this is when we will travel, but as of now we are looking at leaving May 1 or 2!  That means less than a month!!!! 
 
We will hopefully only stay 12 days, but depending on when our consulate appointment is scheduled we may have to stay 13 or 14 days.  Our agency submits 5 possible dates for our appointment, and we just have to hope and pray our first date gets picked! 
 
I'm now trying to deep clean our house (which Ryan will tell you I've been trying to do for a month.  When you have a child at home with you all day it's just hard to get it done!), making a packing list, looking up info on the internet, trying to get caught up on the boys' journals since I know that won't happen when I get back, trying to get a few girls nights and date night crammed in since that also probably won't happen for awhile when we get back, etc...  It's been busy and fun around here!
 
I'll post when we get our TA! 
 

4 comments:

J Willis said...

Oh Jessica - she is a beauty and I'm SO happy for you hand your family!!!

Wow - may 1 ?!?!
Praying for you all during this time and I can't wait to follow your journey to China

Dixie said...

Glad to hear! So excited for little Claire!

Allison said...

Yay and YAHOO!!!! Claire, Mommy and Daddy are coming... soon!! What a wonderful thing. Can't wait to learn the details so we can pray you safely to and from with your little one. Hugs!

Joanna B said...

She is precious! It's SO exciting to see a picture, and I can't wait until you get her!