Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Easter Egg time!

We had a really fun day today! We babysat Elizabeth today because poor Benny boy has the flu! :( So we got to spend the morning with Elizabeth, and I decided to do a few "crafty" things with them since Elizabeth loves crafts. It's also fun to do with her because she can do so much, Cooper just enjoys watching her and is better behaved with all of the messy stuff. She's a good police-woman too, I always would hear before he would try to touch something because she would yell "Cooper, no! Don't touch!" :) I loved it!! It really helped me out, I think she needs to come over more often.

Here they are, cheezing it up before we started dyeing the easter eggs (Is that how you spell dyeing?? I hope so!) Notice the covered couch behind them, I was worried about splatter.


Eliz drawing on her egg.


waiting patiently for me to take the picture


Cooper dyeing an egg



Elizabeth's turn


Elizabeth with her finished eggs


We tried a few different techniques. I've been saving ideas from kid magazines for a few years, so it was fun to finally try them out! Some didn't turn out as cute as the magazine, but it was fun to try it out.

Cooper admiring our eggs.
I had to put in this picture because I thought it was so funny how you can see him in the background!




3 comments:

Allison said...

Those are great. I bet Elizabeth had a really fun time too! The last picture cracks me up!!! So glad you included it - what a cutie!
~Allison
*your eggs look lovely too

mom said...

looks like a successful day and lots of fun too.

TLEB said...

Elizabeth had so much fun with her auntie Jessica and couldn't wait to show Tom her eggs. Thanks for babysitting - she had great time and it really helped me out!