Cooper and I made a VERY quick trip to Chicago a few weeks ago. My dad was being honored at a banquet so I really wanted to go. We originally were going to have Ryan and Jackson go as well, but I got so paranoid about bringing Jackson on the plane with the flu right now, so we decided to have Ryan stay home with him. So Cooper and I went up early on a Sunday and came back late Monday. As I said, a QUICK trip. But it was lots of fun and we ended up seeing quite a bit. I'm having trouble getting pictures downloaded so I'll post a few more from day one later.
Day one we all met at American Girl (Those pictures are at the end). After we had lunch there we took a cab to our hotel and then walked all along Michigan Ave. The pictures are in reverse order of course! Here is Cooper running around Millenium Park.

I think this is called Buckingham fountain?? I can't remember right now and I'm too lazy to go look :). This fountain was very close to our hotel so it was an easy walk to see it.

This is how Laura traveled with the kids some of the way, isn't that funny??!!

The view from my parents' suite. They had a very nice room and it had a gorgeous view!

The kids in front of a beautiful building, I think it was a water tower.

Cooper at the American Girl lunch. This is the dessert we got, isn't it adorable?

Cooper with Gma B.

Cooper with Mommy

3 comments:
I am still so impressed that you were able to leave Jackson for a night. I guess it is easier when he is at home with his Daddy! :)
Looks like a nice place and I look forward to your serving that cute dessert at your next Book Club.
~Allison
You are amazing! I'm impressed that you left Jackson for a night...you are so strong! Was it fun to get some alone time with Cooper? I bet he enjoyed his "mommy time." How wonderful that you could go to Chicago to see your Dad recognized. hip hip hooray!
We were so happy that you guys ventured up to Chicago with us - Ben would have been so sad without his buddy :)
Post a Comment