Thursday, March 4, 2010

Decorations and Before Party Pics

So here are the decoration pictures. There are a TON because I basically am putting a picture of every decoration we had. Neither set of grandparents was able to come to the party this year and my mom told me she wanted to see all of the decorations, so, the post is huge!

Cooper had a Lightening McQueen party (the main character in the movie CARS) since he LOVES cars and loves Lightening McQueen. I had been wanting to do a car party for him all year since he likes them so much, and then with him being obsessed with this movie, it made it that much easier!


Here is the Birthday Boy waking up on his birthday! We started a new tradition this year where he has a cone hanging on his door and he gets a few small presents in it when he wakes up. So here he is about to open it. (Ignore the clothes he is wearing, we had been out kind of late the night before and he fell asleep on the way home. So he slept in his outfit. Not too cute for pictures!)
About to open his first present from us. (Our party wasn't until the afternoon and Cooper could not wait to open presents! So he opened some from us early) Amy, you asked about his hat. I didn't really make his hat. All I did was print it and cut it out. There's a website (paperandcake.bigcartel.com) that has pdf files you can buy from them, then they email it to you and you print out what you need. Lots of the decorations came from them. They had a race car themed one with invitations, a banner, hat, etc... Very cute stuff on there.


A special b-day treat-watching the movie CARS! He doesn't get to watch it very often so he was so excited to get to watch it. Doesn't he look relaxed?
We put this balloon out by the mailbox and Cooper thought that was really cool.


The party favors. I made race car crayons for the bigger kids. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be once I figured it out.

He looks thrilled to be posing by all of the decorations, doesn't he? :)

We had the first nice day all week on his birthday, we really lucked out! So that morning we decided we could do an activity outside, so we really scrambled around trying to make it decent out there.

By "3rd Ave"




Playing on our road table that morning








Marshmellow pops and CARS cookies
more posing
a close-up of the cupcakes. Some were roads and some were just green swirls. It took awhile to do the roads so I took the easy way out. (for those who are interested, the road sign suckers are from Oriental Trading)

the cutie pie birthday boy

7 comments:

TLEB said...

I loved all the little details - you did such an awesome party! I think you need to submit this to tip junkie...or some of the other birthday party sites. You did such a great job!

Allison said...

You did a great job Jess!

Joanne said...

I agree, it looked fantastic! Ryan was so funny. I commented to him at the party how much work you put into it and he said, "It's like having another wedding... days of preparation."

The Martys said...

Boy oh boy, would he and Evan get along great these days. Evan is so into Cars lately too. I may have to steal some of those ideas for next year. I know his car craze will not go away. Great job!!! Love all the decorations and the cupcakes. I agree, you should submit it to some type of birthday site. Can't wait for more pictures.

Gretchen said...

I agree too!! Definitely submit to a birthday site. Other moms need you for inspiration and ideas!!! What an awesome birthday party. Your decorations are amazing and very thoughtful. I hope it was fun to put together! I'm glad you posted so many pictures so I could feel like I was there too!!! Great Job! You are totally going to be my birthday consultant from now on!

Anonymous said...

Jessica, you did such a great job with decorations and planning for his special birthday party. I wish I would have been there. He looks so happy in all the pictures! See you soon! Katie

Nikki said...

So, so cute! You did such a great job - looks like all your hard work paid off! I can't wait to copy all of your ideas!