Taking shelter.

I'm posting a few pictures of the house, but we have made some changes so I'm going to do a post giving a tour of all the house once it's clean. (That's my goal tonight, to get it clean!)
Here's our bedroom. Ben and Cooper had so much fun with these mattresses. They'd run and throw themselves against it, then fall down on the ground. Over and over and over.
Here's a view of the family room, from the hallway by our bedroom. The family room connects to the kitchen as you can probably tell.
Look at all the boxes! Those are just kitchen boxes, I have so many things for the kitchen! One of our projects that I am hoping to start on soon is painting our kitchen cabinets a cream color. I hope it turns out well, we'll see!
More furniture and boxes. This is the dining room, immediately off of the hallway (the front door is to the right). We're going to use this room as a library right now.
Cooper loves climbing in our trees in the backyard.
The boys have loved playing in the boxes!
One of the first things we did to the house was have wood floors put in the family room and all the bedrooms. Unfortunately that meant we didn't have many places we could be while the work was being done. We moved in on Sat/Sun, and they started laying the floors Monday-Thursday. So we all basically lived upstairs. Our upstairs is just one big room, which we are going to use as a gameroom/office/craft room/workout room. But for these few days it was basically a sleeping dorm! Here is Jackson during his nap...
and this is what Cooper did while Jackson napped! Poor kid, we didn't even have furniture in the house since the floors were being replaced in this room, so he improvised :).
This is what our one room looked like when we were all sleeping there. For one day the boys and I spent the entire day upstairs, playing and everything. They actually had lots of fun just running around and being crazy on the mattresses. Me, not so much. Got quite boring! But I had to wait around for various workmen so I couldn't leave. Just glad it's over with!



5 comments:
You've come a long way since then. It'll be fun to see the changes. You could join the before and after party.
Love the new house and can't wait for the full tour with the changes. The floors look AWESOME and I know you have been working your tail off. Congratulations!
Thanks for posting house pics. :) I can't wait to see the afters. Knowing you, it will be fabulous!
Oh my goodness! You guys are certainly troopers. I can't imagine being cooped up in the house with 2 little kids....you are so resourceful. Good for you!! Thanks for posting pictures!!!!
I also couldn't imagine being trapped upstairs in that room! You were a trooper (as were the boys) The house already looks so great now - and you haven't even painted or anything! I can't wait to see what it looks like after that!
Post a Comment