Friday, April 22, 2011

Pre-Easter Activities

We've been having a fun Spring so far! There were a few local egg hunts in our area that we went to recently. The boys loved it. It was Jackson's first time to do an egg hunt and he understood right away what he was supposed to do. In the first egg hunt we went to, they separated the children by age so Jackson and I went together, while Ryan and Cooper went to his age group. So all the pictures I have are of Jackson.

Here he is ready to hunt eggs!
Isn't this a funny face?




It is SO hard to wait for the egg hunt to start!


And he's off!!


Score!


Another egg!


Yay! Lots of eggs! Jackson loves eggs and says over and over "eggs, eggs, eggs"


Here's Cooper after the egg hunt. Can you tell by his blue teeth that he's already dug into his candy?


After the egg hunts we played a few games. Jackson was really good at the bean bag toss.


Cooper loved the bowling game.


Then we went right to our next egg hunt. They had a pillowcase race that Cooper thought was so funny.





Then we had the second egg hunt. Cooper was VERY into it.


The next day we went to church and then to Gma and Gpa's house to get their Easter baskets. They wore their Easter outfits because we wanted to get pictures with the cousins in their Easter finery. Here's Jackson!


My two cutie pies!


Here's Cooper!


We made bunny cookies for the day. Cooper had fun decorating them.


The four cousins. Look at Ben and Cooper! Are they a pair or what?!?


Trying to get a good picture of the four of them is so funny.


Jackson wasn't really interested anymore.


So we got a cute picture of the three older kids!


We of course had to get a family photo.


We had a yummy lunch and then it was time to find their Easter baskets!


First Jackson found his basket...then Cooper found his!





Look at all the loot!


One of their favorite presents are these funny bunny suckers.


Everyone (including the grown ups) got silly string in their baskets. It made for a really fun silly string fight!


My mom got lots of good action shots.


Jackson was not too thrilled about the silly string in his face.





The aftermath.




These pictures have nothing to do with our Easter activities but I had to add them because I thought they were so cute. Just a few days ago we were at my sister's house and she was watching her niece and nephew. Amelia is only about a month older than Jackson. There was music playing and I kept telling them to hold hands and dance. So they finally did and then had so much fun with it.


Isn't she a doll?? I think she was kind of over the hand holding but Jackson kept reaching for her hand.


Very blurry picture but I just had to show Jackson reaching for her hand. I think we have a future girlfriend here!! :) He he he.


4 comments:

TLEB said...

So many pictures - I don't know where to start!! Loved the egg hunt pictures - Jackson did such a great job finding all those eggs! Cooper doing the potato sack race is SO cute!! The Easter pictures are so funny - I really don't like trying to get pictures of the 4 of them - it never works out like we want them to!! :)

Joanne said...

Aren''t they're outfits precious? Does your mom get those for all of them? Jackson was so cute in his egg hunt. Also, love the pics from the silly string fight and how your mom hides their Easter baskets!

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures...love their Easter outfits! So cute how Jackson kept reaching for her hand!
-Jodi

Cole said...

You get the best pictures! These are all adorable! I love the ones of the 4 cousins.

And by the way, I can't believe you did that mud run! Woah and that it was a whole 10K. I think I would have been very disturbed as well! I will have to show Craig. He wants to do something this summer in KC called the Warrior Dash. They run through mud, jump over fire, etc, etc. It looks crazy. Were there many girls that did the race besides your group?