Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Showers for Claire!

We have been so blessed by the support from our family and friends throughout this adoption.  Everyone has been so excited for us, especially as it gets SO MUCH CLOSER!!! 
 
I was so lucky and very grateful to have a few showers thrown to welcome Claire!!
 
The first one was hosted by my mom and sister.  It was BEAUTIFUL.  I wish I had taken a picture of the invitation but I didn't.  I have it saved but time is very very limited now so I'm not going to go back and post it :) 
 
 The shower had a Chinese theme and it was just gorgeous and so much fun.
 The party favors-aren't they perfect?  The chopsticks say "oh happy day!" and, in case you don't know, the cookie is in the shape of China.  Laura made them, aren't they adorable?  There's a heart on them where Claire lives. 
 More beautiful decorations.
 The other table.  My dad served all of the ladies a yummy Chinese lunch!

 The lady of the hour, Claire!!  (I keep calling her Claire Bear so that's what I keep wanting to write! :))
 Me with the hostesses..Elizabeth helped to host too.
 Bad photo but I had to post a picture of the desserts, everyone got their own little cake and there's a chocolate fortune cookie on top!
 I look pretty crazy in all of the present opening pictures but I just had to post a picture of these adorable pink toms!!
 Most of the ladies who attended!

Then my friends from MOPS hosted a beautiful shower for me!!!
 So so cute!  The colors are the colors of Claire's room. :)
 Adorable!!!
 My two wonderful friends who hosted this beautiful shower, Leanne and Summyr!!
 My MOPS friends!

The third shower that I was lucky enough to have was hosted by my wonderful friends Kristen and Shelby, who also happen to be neighbors!  So they had the neighbor ladies over and a few friends from Cooper's school. 

It was such a fun theme, and perfect for a girl...princesses!!!
 I had to post a picture of the gift table because see that quilt on the table?  Kristen made it for Claire!!! Isn't that amazing?  I love it and it matches her room perfectly!
 Almost all the lovely ladies who attended the shower!
 
I'm a table leader at MOPS and at our last leader meeting they had a little shower for me where I received some cute things and diapers!!! I forgot to take pictures, but I didn't want to leave them out! :)
 
As I said, we have been SO blessed with support and I am so so thankful.  You should just see the beautiful things we received at the shower!  I have many pictures but I decided instead of posting millions of pictures of clothes, you'd probably rather see Claire IN them.  And very soon you will!! :)

2 comments:

Allison said...

YAY!!! Can't WAIT!!!!! And BTW, you look so amazing this close to your due date!! xo

Joanna B said...

We have those same Toms, they are adorable! I know you guys are in China now, and I hope everything is going smoothly! I'll be praying for you on Monday as you meet Claire!