Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Project Number Two (Cooper's new room/bath)

Well, I have gotten fairly far on my second summer project, Cooper's "big boy room." Here are a few "before" pictures...

It originally was Ryan's office, then our guest room, then Cooper's play room/guest room.


Here are the after. We're doing a Cat in the Hat theme, for the most part. (it's kind of messy, I was watching Ben that day and as you can see, he and Cooper are wrestling in the pic)

We still need to get a curtain or something for the window.



My main project for the room, besides painting it, was making something for decorations. Here's a close up of the canvas above Cooper's bed.


and then the pics on the other side of the window.



The room is definitely not done yet, because this entire wall is just a big white space. I have a few ideas but probably won't do anything for a little while because I am being very indecisive!!!

same with above the length of his bed. Oh well, at least he can move in. We're thinking maybe this weekend we'll try him in his big boy bed! Woo hoo! We'll see.


Then his bathroom was the other project. In February I painted the walls blue and we put up the shower curtain, but that was all we did.

This week I added the waves and the C/J. I'm going to hopefully get an "&" sign and decorate it to put between the two letters. I think it'll make more sense. ("J" is for Jackson, our new baby-to-be!)
So that's it! So glad the project is getting finished. We're still painting the closet so our extra bedroom is a pit with all of the closet stuff. Hopefully that will get finished this weekend!

10 comments:

The Martys said...

Simply adorable. I love all your pics and personal touches you did. Oh to be so talented. Good luck with Cooper and the big boy bed.

Allison said...

Very exciting!!! Don't you LOVE to do work on major projects that make a big difference! LOVE IT! The shower curtain is too cute and I love the Cooper canvas.
~Allison

The A Family said...

You are too creative... when you are done I have a new house that could use some help :) Looks great.

Cole said...

Jessica - you are SO crafty!!!!! I love Cooper's new room! We love Dr. Seuss! The canvas you did is so neat and did you draw those Dr. Seuss pics on the other side of the wall? Also, I really like your toy table with storage underneath. Looks very practical. Where did you get that?

Janet said...

The room is so cute, I love Cooper's name!!!

Joanne said...

Great job! I love the Dr. Suess themes! You are such an artist. I couldn't get my waves to look that good if I tried. Good luck on the move to the big boy bed. I am sure it will go fine!

Gretchen said...

Jessica I am so impressed! Cooper's room looks awesome. You obviously have a knack for decorating because everything you touch looks incredible. The waves you drew in the bathroom look incredible...those art skills you have sure come in handy! I also love the COOPER canvas. WOW. Can't wait to see it in person and ooooh and ahhhh over it again!

Sue said...

The room turned out beautifully. I am going to let you pick my paint from now on - you matched it exactly. I especially love the sign and initials you did. I may have 3 initials for the boys room for you to do!! It's nice to have talented kids.

TLEB said...

I know I already gushed over it in person but I LOVE IT! I can't believe how you got the waves to look exactly like they do on the shower curtain. I also love the Cooper name - it's perfect. Great job!!

Mom of many hats said...

Hi Jess! Cooper's new room is so cute! I love Suess!! You are so creative. Congrats on baby boy #2 coming very soon... bet you are ready, huh? Hang in there!