Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Fun

We have been fun doing our Christmas traditions around here. Here are pictures of a few of our advent calendars we do. Every night we do our advent calendars. My mom used to give us one each year and has also given the boys some, so we do at least 8 advent calendars a night..it's quite a process!

This one is Cooper's favorite because there is candy in each drawer!
Putting an ornament on our advent tree.
We have another tradition of the "elf." Every night our elf visits Santa and reports on how Cooper has been that day, then comes home to a new spot in our house and brings Cooper a little treat. I don't have a picture of that but I wanted to write about it because I thought Cooper gave him a funny name. We talked about naming him and he came up with "arf." I think because it sounded like "elf" and maybe he forgot the word "elf" for moment?? I'm not quite sure, but now we have Arf the Elf who stays with us throughout the Christmas season. Cooper's not that into finding him every morning, he just wants the little treat. Arf made the mistake of leaving Cooper a hershey kiss one morning, so now that's what he expects every morning! Healthy, huh?
Showing off an art project
I just thought this was a funny picture so I had to post it
Cooper has been a little more into making Jackson smile. Here he is making him smile at lunch. I thought it was so cute that he's getting more "into" Jackson.


4 comments:

Joanne said...

Cute wreath! The boys will love those advent calendars more every year.

Allison said...

I am cracking up about Arf! I hope you get a different elf to visit next year. Well, actually, no, I think you should always request Arf for your house!
~Allison

TLEB said...

I love the picture of the two boys looking at each other. I'll bet Cooper gets more and more into Jackson the bigger Jackson gets and the more responsive to Cooper he gets. Love all the traditions!

Sue said...

I love the brotherly love!