But, it was a little exhausting for me. We of course don't have great winter gear here since it snows maybe once or twice a year. So it took FOREVER to get dressed with all of the layers and both boys. Then by the time we were ready, had been outside for probably 5 minutes, Jackson started crying. So we played outside for a few minutes with him crying and then went in to feed him and put him to bed. After that Cooper had a melt-down and had to go to time out, and by the time he was acting appropriately enough to go back outside Jackson had been sleeping for quite awhile. So of course, we get all dressed, get our wonderful target sacks around our feet to keep them dry (isn't that awful??), are literally stepping outside, and Jackson wakes up and cries. So again, we play outside a few minutes, come back in, take off the sacks and shoes... and he falls asleep! He did this one more time until we finally came in for good. It was exhausting! Luckily Ryan came home early that day and could go back out with Cooper that afternoon.
Jackson's all ready to go outside!
Not loving it.



5 comments:
Wow, I cannot believe you got that much snow in TEXAS!!!! I guess I will have to hand down Evan's winter gear for those just in case days. HA! Unlike Minnesota, I am sure your snow is slowly melting away and will be gone in a few days.
You got some great pictures! I feel your pain with the getting ready to go outside thing. With no snowsuits it makes it a huge pain to put all the layers on...luckily neither of my kids cried after a few min. so we were able to stay out for a while! :)
Crazy! We actually had a snow suit (unbelievably) for Jill because we took a ski trip with Jane around 18 months so that worked out great and then with Jane we just put on tights, pants and rain gear. You are right without wind it wasn't too bad as far as cold. You ended up getting some really cute pics even with all of the drama you went through to get them. I bet this snow will be one Cooper remembers with fondness!
I adore the picture of Jackson all ready to go out and the last picture of super happy Cooper! Sounds exhausting though...
Getting kids dressed and undressed is such a pain! I bet it was even more difficult without the correct "gear". Sadly, we haven't even gotten our kids out in the snow this year because we haven't bought them any snow shoes (yes, we are cheap) and we didn't think they would enjoy it this year. I was so surprised to see that TX was getting so much snow...I'm glad you guys got to enjoy it for a little while!
Post a Comment