Monday, February 22, 2010

Projects

I have been busy around here getting to some projects that have been on my to-do list. Some have been on there for years, literally! I don't know why I procrastinate so much, but I finally got to some of them and I am happy to cross them off.

I finally finished this wall in Cooper's room, and now I'm not sure I even like it. Isn't that great? :) I edged the blue and yellow with red and tried to make it kind of look sketched on instead of a perfectly straight line. After I did about half of it I realized I wasn't sure if I liked it, but, once you paint it there's no going back! So, I'll be living with it for awhile and trying to decide if I like it enough to keep it. At least it's done for now.


I finally made curtains for our master bath. The curtain rod has been hanging there since we moved in (almost 6 years!) so it's about time I put something there. I made it with fabric and fabric glue-no sewing. Woo hoo!
We then put curtains in the family room. Again, have been thinking about doing it for years and never got around to it. I actually bought the curtains back in October, so... more procrastinating! They were kind of a pain because I had to iron the hem into them which took me awhile to get correct (we got them at ikea and they don't come hemmed). But, one more thing off the list!

My friend Dixie gave me this idea. She made a canvas for Christmas with her kids' footprints made into reindeer and decorated it really cute so she can reuse it year after year. Since it was already Feb I decided to do that with hearts, and then I'm going to try to get going on the reindeer too. Yes, it'll be MONTHS after Christmas but I'd like to get it done while Jackson's feet are still relatively small. Another project!
(by the way, I used my new Cricut to cut out the C and J and the numbers. I'm so excited to have one! It's a very early b-day present from my parents, and I've already used it a ton. Yippee!!)
Another curtain project. Our house didn't have any curtains in it I realized! Very simple, and I used fabric glue again! I love that stuff!

Last project. Yes, they are ornaments. Again, a few months behind schedule! I was originally going to make them for grandparent gifts but seeing as it's now February, I decided to just make them for me for next year. I wanted to get Jackson's footprint when it was still small. Cooper painted the top left one. The bottom one is kind of weird, it's a mess up of Jackson's footprint that I made into a heart. I actually got a great footprint and then dropped the ornament, so I then had to somehow figure out how to make the mistake work. It's better than nothing and one more thing off my list. I love that!

5 comments:

Cheryl Houston said...

You just made my day Jessica! I've lived in my house what? Almost 3 years now and I was beating myself up over not decorating more! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I've got to get that grass under control this year! I just shake my head when I'm outside. And promptly go back in!

Allison said...

Everything looks great! Cricut??!! Yahoo!! I can't wait to make good use of it too. hehe
I love the fabric in your master bath, btw.

Joanne said...

Sweet! Better late than never. I know how you feel about the curtains- our poor kitchen window has been begging me for some since we moved in.... we'll see about that. Now that I know about this no-sew fabric glue maybe I will have to do some. BTW I LOVE the curtains in Cooper's room so cute!

The Martys said...

Everything looks just great, Jessica. I love your no-sew curtains. A cricut? Yahoooo!!! I am so glad you got one. You will love it and I will want to know what kinds of creative things you will do with it. I am itching to use mine. You are inspiring me to get things done in my house. Lots of little projects that need some attention.

Love to all-
Amy

TLEB said...

I love everything you did! I also love Cooper's curtains and the curtain you made in your master bath. so cute!!!