The morning of Jackson's birthday party Ryan, the kids and I met Laura and her kids at a local winery. Every year they do a grape harvest and stomp and I've always wanted to go! This year we finally made it.

Cooper had such a great time finding grapes. Only the grown-ups cut them off the vine!

Jackson kept calling them blueberries!

Ryan was our official grape harvester.

Ben and Cooper loved searching for them together!

Found some!

Jackson helped us carry the bucket of grapes!

They let us take a few photos of the kids with some grapes...

and the kids dumped our grapes into the group pile!

Here we waited for a LONG time for the grape stomping to begin. After waiting probably 45 minutes in outside in the heat, all the kids decided they didn't want to stomp on them.

I tried to make Jackson go in but he refused to put his feet down, I just held him and he curled his little feet up and refused to stand. (This was how close Ryan could get to take a picture, it was a mad-house!)

Our family at our first ever grape harvest!
5 comments:
Your pictures look great! I still can't believe the kids didn't get in the grapes!!
Didn't get in the grapes?! What?! Well, your family pic at your first grape "harvest" is right. Maybe next time you will get some stomping in! Looks like fun though!!
Had so much fun catching up on your blog! Great pictures at the winery - that sounds really neat even if the kids decided not to stomp. :) Happy belated birthday to Jackson! Even just from the 4th of July, he is looking so much older now! More like a little boy! The Mickey pictures were really cute and I love your mom's back to school party! Cute, cute! Hope you guys are well! Miss you!
Can't believe they didn't get in the grapes!! They needed us to organize them! Cute pics though.
OMG! What a great activity!!! Too bad they changed their minds, Samantha would have too.
Post a Comment