Wednesday, February 22, 2012

An Award!

Joanna from http://craftynester.com gave me this fun award! You should check our her blog-she does all kinds of fun crafts and projects for her house, and also has an adorable little girl she calls Little M. (hopefully the link above works to take you to her blog, I'm not exactly skilled at that kind of stuff!)

The rules of the award are:
To thank the person who gave you the award
List 7 things people may not know about you
Pass on the award to 15 or so people

I was having a hard time thinking of seven things when I then realized that I don't write much about myself on the blog, mostly the kids! Since the majority of people who read this know me personally, you probably will know much of what I share, but that's ok! :)

So, here we go...

1. I have a twin sister and we were born on my twin aunt and uncle's birthday! It was always a hope of mine that I would have twins, also on our birthday. Hasn't happened...yet. he he

2. I am a dessertaholic. Is that a word? I LOVE all kinds of dessert. I remember in college making peanut butter butterscotch rice krispy treats with friends and we would eat the entire batch right then and there. (do my college friends remember this?) I gave up desserts for lent and this year I'm doing it for the right reasons, so hopefully I'll be able to stick with it.

3. I am not a sports fan, not at all. When KState was in bowl game we had people over and I didn't even watch. I'm trying to get more into it because Ryan loves sports, and I now have two boys who love sports! It helps that they are starting to play-I definitely love watching them!

4. I LOVE to read. I read while brushing my teeth, sometimes while making meals, etc.. If it's an especially good book I'll stay up and read it until I'm finished. I feel kind of lost if I have finished my books and don't have a new one lined up to read.

5. (This is along the same lines but I wanted to make sure I'd hit 7 things :) I have been keeping a book list of the books I've read since I was in the 9th grade. In case people are curious, not counting re-reading I've read 899 books. My mom has kept a list since she was I believe in 9th grade (which is where I got the idea), and there are 1,000s on that list!

**Side note, I was reading these to Ryan and he said "don't put that, it makes you sound geeky" He's so funny. Maybe he said this because I could probably count the amount of books he's read in his lifetime on two hands! :) I'm working on him!

6. I'm still not on facebook! I have no desire to get on it and I don't know if I ever will. But I love to read blogs! The one negative to no facebook means I can't get a pinterest account. That might eventually force me to join facebook, but it hasn't yet.

7... this is a suprise for my next blog post :)

Thanks for the award Joanna, and I'll be letting you special 15 know soon!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Ooooooh, next blog post?!?!?!

Ryan's comment was funny. He just doesn't want you telling HIS friends that. But you can tell all of us. :)

Meg said...

Congratulations on your award!! My husband has a twin sister whose dream always was to have twin babies of her own. Twins who feel like that testify to the funness of being a twin!

Janice Willis said...

Hey there ;)
Congrats on the award!!!
Funny - I don't FB either (and never plan to) but I LOVE pinterest almost as much as I love blogs - so u can have a pinterest account - what I did was create a twitter account - then sign up for pinterest thru it and then delete the twitter account - but keep pinterest - totally works! Trust me!

Anyway
I hope your process is going well
(we meet at the adoption seminar)
Many blessings
And maybe I will see you on pinterest soon ;)
Take care- Janice Willis