Sunday, December 16, 2012

December Activities!


 We were able to see a few friends while up in KS- Maya, Cooper, Nolan, Cole, Jackson, Max, and Piper :)  I forgot to add this to the previous post, oops!

I've been trying to do a FEW crafts from the million I've pinned on Pinterest... so Holly and Jackson did one while I was watching her.  But first Jackson noticed the TV cabinet was dusty and wanted to dust it.  (Seriously.  He notices that it is dusty (it looks dusty after about 2 days since it's black!) and says "mom!!  We need to dust!" Then I go get the swiffer duster and he dusts for me!  It's awesome :).  Holly decided to join in.  There's just something about the fun duster!
 After they slaved away we made Santa hats.

 We put up a mini-tree in the boys' playroom with all of their non-breakable ornaments.  We had a tradition growing up that we put up the ornaments in order while saying where/who we got them from.  We also listened to Christmas music and drank hot cocoa.  The boys enjoy the hot cocoa part for sure!

 We found "Rudy" the reindeer in our Christmas boxes and he's slept with Jackson ever since!

 Elizabeth and Ben came over and we made gingerbread nativity scenes.


 Jackson's favorite part...eating it!
 Here's the manger with baby Jesus :)
 Elizabeth's part-way through.  See Mary and Joseph with their cloaks outside of the manger?
 Jackson is adding hay ( I was too lazy to dye it yellow!) to the nativity.
 See the sheep outside the manger?
 Cooper with his finished nativity.
 Ben with his!
 We read the story of Jesus' birth while they ate their nativity.  This is the first time we did this and I think it's going to become a yearly tradition!
 
Another random pic from our KS trip- I didn't organize that very well!  Justin and Ryan with their kiddos!

4 comments:

Sue said...

I love those nativities. Great idea! Add 1 more tradition to our list.

The Martys said...

The nativities are adorable. What a fun new tradition. How many does that make now? { ; ) }

Allison said...

Oh my gosh. Just thinking about going through the ornaments that way always makes me tired. I would drink the hot cocoa too!! ;)

Cole said...

The gingerbread nativity scenes are such a great idea! And you got a good pic of all the kids at Gretchen's house! Will you email that one to me, please?