Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Another Update

Well we are still here and don't know when we are going to be able to leave!  We have heard that the consulate is closed Thursday and most likely Friday as well, but I am still holding out hope for a miracle that it will open up Friday, at least long enough to get Claire's paperwork back and her visa printed (as well as the 24 other families who had their appointments on Monday).  No one here can remember the consulate ever closing like this, it is an extremely unusual situation.  We are just beyond frustrated and so ready to come home.  I have spent the evening emailing every government official that I can think of.  It probably won't help at all but I figure it can't hurt!  We are praying praying praying that a miracle will happen and we will receive her visa on Friday, please  join us in this prayer, we would so appreciate it!  Luckily there are many other families in the same boat (not lucky for them!) and so we are in good company at this time.  Please also pray that we all stay healthy and that the boys at home stay healthy-so far so good.  We miss all of you!!!!

10 comments:

Allison said...

I will send up a prayer every time I lift a box - so there will be TONS from me today! Stay strong even though I am sure you want to crumble. Love to all 5 of you.

TLEB said...

I'm praying!!! I'm going to email people as well-it can't hurt! You guys are being so strong-just think of all this one on one time you get with Claire! :) love you guys!!

The Martys said...

Praying for you constantly. Looking into who I can email too. My stomach and heart just aches for you.
Stay strong and we love you guys!!

Unknown said...

We were so hoping that you will be back home today. We will pray for you and hope to see you soon. Give our love to Claire.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you all, and I asked other teachers as well. We love you...mom and dad in Topeka

JaNelle Pluff said...

Praying for you and your sweet family...

Joanna B said...

Hi Jessica! This is so crazy, I have never heard of this happening, ever! It is all over the news here, and I know the congressmen from Maryland and Virginia are very involved. I'm so sorry, I hope and pray that this is resolved SOON, and you can get home to your precious boys!

Gretchen said...

Jessica,
Hang in there! You will one day soon look back and smile at the craziness of this all. I'm sure it is so difficult to be away longer than you thought...you are strong! Take care, all of you, and we are praying! On a side note, at least you weren't home last night since those tornadoes came through 70 miles away from DFW! I'll bet you'd have been in your shelter with Claire and the boys! :)

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you and the others. You will be home soon.

J Willis said...

I've been praying for you all each day!!
I can only imagine the frustration - so thankful you are all safe and well and making memories with your new sweet girl!!! Hope it opens up soon or already has maybe ;)