Friday, May 3, 2013

We Made it to Hong Kong!!

We are here!  We've actually been here almost twenty four hours, after about 24 hours of travel!  The long flight (13 hours), went much better than it could have thanks to our awesome friends Heather and Jason. They gave us some of their flight upgrades so we were able to fly business class!! It was so nice. The seats folded almost completely back so it made sleeping really easy, and the food was actually good!  We just watched a few movies and slept.  When we arrived in Tokyo we had a four hour layover so we were able to hang out in the Admirals Club which was another great perk! Then we had almost a five hour flight to Hong Kong.  We arrived and had a driver waiting for us, then went straight to our hotel and went to bed!  Today we just did some sight- seeing in HK.  It started raining after lunch so we headed back earlier than we had planned and we're looking forward to our next day in Hong Kong.  I am somanxious to go get Claire, I wish we could just do that tomorrow! Unfortunately we still have two more days.

We are missing the boys so much!!! Saying goodbye was so so hard and I have been thinking about them the entire time we've been here.  Luckily we've been able to FaceTime twice already. I'd love it if you all could pray for them and my parents... Cooper came home sick from school the day we left and my parents had to take both boys to the dr the next day ( that makes it twice this week for poor Baby J!)  I think they're on the mend but I would love to be there snuggling them tonight!

I'll try to update again before we meet Claire and actually add some pictures next time!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Yeah! I've been watching for an update, so glad you made it and we will be praying for the boys too :)

The Martys said...

I was so sorry to hear the boys got sick right when you left. But I know they are on the mend and being taken care of very well. Lots of prayers are said daily for you and your family. We love you and are anxious for you to meet Claire. Looking forward to more posts. ; )

Penni said...

Glad to read you made it! Try to enjoy every minute - such neat memories you are making and will have for baby Claire!

J Willis said...

Oh so excited for you
Praying already for the boys and you both and sweet C ;)
Be safe and enjoy this precious time there!!!

Allison said...

Yay!! Big hugs and much love! Glad your travels were so nice and that you are settled in a little though I am very sorry to hear about the boys. Nothing like being handed sick kids, eh, Grandma and Grandpa?! ;) Praying for all.