Cooper is officially done with his paci (or "pa pa" as he likes to call it), yea!!! I am so relieved that it's over and went well. I have been worrying about it for awhile because he LOVES his paci and always has it for nap and bed. We kind of "talked it up" about being a big boy and no longer needing a paci for a few days, and so by Sat, the day he stopped using it, he pretty much knew it was going to happen. Actually, Sat morning I said "yea, today you're a big boy!" and he said "and no more paci!" So he was prepared. But he still cried for it that night, but only for about 45 minutes. I was prepared for hours of crying. The worst part was in the middle of him crying for the paci and saying "pleeeease" in a very pleading voice, he sat up and put his hands up like he was asking a question and asked "where'd paci go?" Over and over in a sad voice. It was SO sad. At least for me it was! But thank goodness, by Tues night he didn't even really ask for it anymore. A miracle!
Here's Cooper on the last night with his beloved paci.

The first morning after paci we woke up and the paci fairy had left him a new thomas train. Then he got to have waffles and syrup which he loves. NO MORE PACI, yea!!!!
7 comments:
That picture of him with his "beloved paci" is actually making me cry! What a sap!
~Allison
*Way to go Cooper!
I love the Paci Fairy! :) She came to our house, too.
It makes me sad too Allison. Cooper did love his paci!!
Cognrats mommy! In all the packing Sam found her old paci in a bin, she told me she didn't need it anymore, but baby parker could have it (baby Parker is my friends new baby). They are so fun!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting! What a big step! Way to go, Cooper!
Good job, Cooper, what a big boy!
Good for you guys. That was no small feat! I'm sure it took nerves of steel on your part when you saw how sad he was, but he'll thank you for that later! Gwyn said they just officially got Janae off hers too! I'll be calling you guys up in a couple of years...
Post a Comment