Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Church Christmas Carnival

Last Fri night we went to our church for their children's festival. We had never been before and had a lot of fun! They brought it tons of games and bouncy houses, a full size carousel, and a live nativity. Eliz and Ben came with my parents so we all hung out together. The only negative was Elizabeth wasn't feeling the greatest and then Ben fell down and hurt his lip and nose, so we ended up having a little bit of drama. Besides that, it was great!


Cooper and Ryan at the end of the night
His "ahhhh!" moment. He met Frosty and LOVES frosty. We have a book about him and so he was thrilled to meet him! He gave him a hug too. This gives me hope about Santa. Last year I had to sit on Santa's lap with him, so I'm hoping I don't have to do that this year.

They had all kinds of houses set up to take pictures in front of. Isn't this a beautiful church?
On the ride... Ben, my dad, Cooper, Ryan, Elizabeth, and my mom. I stayed with Jackson and took pictures!


Playing a baseball game


A fish stomping game. It was funny because both E and B were really good at this. You stomped really hard and tried to fling your fish into a hole. Cooper would barely step on it and the fish would just roll off. Oh well!
Ben about to do the game. His lip is hurt at this point.


Watching the live nativity. (again, Ben's hurt lip. you can't see it too well)
Sweet Jackson. This is where he was most of the night.


5 comments:

Allison said...

OUCH! Ben's lip in the nativity picture! It looked like a fun carnival though!! I am laughing about Cooper's floppy fish and Jackson looks so happy!
~Allison

Gretchen said...

Fun!! When does Cooper get to sit on Santa's lap? I have the funniest picture of the kids on Santa's lap this year. Neither of them liked him. Maya was OK, but was yelling for me, and Nolan threw a fit everytime he even got near Santa! Too bad the pictures aren't digital, or I'd post them! Oh well. Lots of Christmas fun to be had!

The A Family said...

Well even with the drama it looks like fun was had by all! What a great event.

TLEB said...

I'm so bummed we missed the carnival - but it looked like so much fun (minus the fat lip!) Glad you got some good pictures!

Cole said...

Looks like you guys have been doing tons of fun Christmas stuff!! That's amazing that your church puts on quite the shin-dig, how cool! And your mom's tea party looked way too cute! Oh, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pics of Jackson in the Santa hat and with the reindeer ears! How did you get the lighting so perfect? You must have an awesome camera - those look incredibly professional!