Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 8 and 9 with Claire and an Update

Well we don't have good news.  The consulate here experienced a security threat and so they closed down until at least Thursday.  So that means the earliest we can get Claire's visa (we think) is Friday and then travel Saturday.  But I think there might be a chance we might not even get it until Monday!  Needless to say today was a very emotional day.  We are both so ready to get home to the boys and I thought for sure we'd be able to get home by Thursday at the latest.  So please pray that we can get Claire's visa by Thursday or Friday so we can be home by the weekend!!!  Thank you!!!

On a better note, yesterday marked a week since we met Claire!  It was a great day, we started it applying for her visa.  Pictures aren't allowed so we don't have any photos from it, but we applied!  We were so lucky because the group of people who were there after us got stuck for a few hours at the consulate due to the security threat. 

After we applied  for her visa we went to a nearby park to take a walk (and take pictures of Claire in her adorable patriotic dress!) 


 My friend Leanne made it, isn't it adorable??

 The park nearby our hotel is just beautiful!





 Lots of pictures I know but they're just too cute to not post! :) 
 With her tiny baby doll.  She mostly throws her on the floor and then laughs because she gets a reaction from us, but I'm now trying to teach her to be sweet to babies.   Ryan taught her the throwing trick by accident. :)




After Claire took her nap we joined the adoption group that's kind of "adopted" us for a Pearl River Cruise!  It was a great time!  Here is some of the group waiting to get on the boat.

 Here's the boat.
 Here we are getting ready to cruise!
 There was a pretty good buffet and a beautiful view on the river. 






 Oops, out of order.  The entire group rode the bus to the ferry and for a little bit Ryan was holding Claire and our friends' daughter Isabelle.  Had to get a picture of that, doesn't he look great with two girls??    he he
 They had entertainment on the cruise as well!


I'm so glad we were invited to join them!

I'm blogging about day 8 at the end of day 9.  Unfortunately today I didn't take any pictures-we were in our room most of the day either waiting for phone calls or trying to make plans. Now that we know we'll be here a few more days we'll try to enjoy ourselves some.  It's hard though, our hearts are just so ready to be back at home!

12 comments:

Nic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

She is a doll and total ham for the camera! Adorable photos. Praying you guys get back soon!

The Rogers Family (Nic, Leanne, Alexa and Blake) said...

So sad for you guys:-( I know how much you are wanting to get home and get that sweet baby on US soil! I'm so glad you all have made great friends to be able to hang out with while you are there though. It looks like you guys are doing some really neat stuff. I will keep praying that you get that visa by Thursday! Oh, and Clair sure does look precious in that dress:-) I'm glad it fit!

Lauren @ Magnify the Lord with Me said...

Hi Jessica! It's Lauren from MOPS. I finally logged on to your blog and OH MY GOODNESS SHE IS SO PRECIOUS!!!! You guys have been in my prayers. I'mso glad to read through your journey and find out about your time with your sweet girl! Will be praying for that visa. COME ON VISA!!!! Praising God for happy endings!

The Martys said...

My heart aches for you knowing how much you miss your boys. I will be praying for that Visa to come on Thursday!!!. I am glad you are posting daily and showing us that cute little girl. I cannot wait to meet her. Praying for you to be home soon!!!! Love to you all.

TLEB said...

Claire in her American dress is just the cutest thing I've ever seen!! I am so sorry you guys aren't coming home tomorrow. Your boys are in good hands, I will spoil them rotten this weekend :) praying praying praying for the Visa Thursday!!

Megan said...

Claire is so adorable, she looks to be so happy with you both! I can't wait to see pictures of the boys meeting her! This has to be so stressful with the Visa ordeal. My Chinese friend from the school I was at in China had a heck of a time getting her Visa to come back to the USA to finish her MBA in Missouri but she finally got it about a week or two ago! Praying you good Claire's Visa very soon!

Nikki said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! I will continue to pray that you get her visa ASAP so that you can all get home to the boys! I can't even imagine how much you miss them! I love all the pictures you've been posting - Claire is so adorable!

Allison said...

Great and not so great. Love all of the happy smiles and pictures but so sad about your delay. Big hugs and prayers for things to be worked out ASAP. xo

JaNelle Pluff said...

What an amazing adventure! Praying that you all get home soon!

J Willis said...

I love looking at these pictures ;) so much love!!!

J Willis said...

I love looking at these pictures ;) so much love!!!